Purpose of Strategic Communications Partner Committee
The purpose of the Strategic Communications Partner Committee(Comms-PC) is to develop and implement, in collaboration with the Partnership Management Team, communications to achieve the advocacy objectives of the Partnership. The objective of the Comms-PC is to translate the over-arching objectives of the Partnership into specific, aligned and inspirational messages that catalyse action.
Co-chairs: Yacine Djibo (Speak Up Africa) and Michal Fishman (Malaria No More)
Steering Committee Members
- Saleemah Abdul-Ghafur, African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA)
- Charity Binka, African Media and Malaria Research Network
- Jeff Chertack, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Tawanda Chinsango, African Union Commission
- Lisa Goldman-Van Nostrand, Sumitomo Chemical
- Dr Bello Ibrahim Sebutu, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital
- Rakesh Jain, Par Impex LLC
- Erika Larson, Malaria Elimination Initiative at the UCSF Global Health Group
- Mingli Lui, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Nicole Malick, TANA Netting/NRS International
- Mary Nambao, Ministry of Health Zambia
- Robert Valadez, Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Health in Agenda 2030 and for Malaria
- Kate Wills, Malaria No More UK
- Rachel Henderson, UNF Nothing But Nets
In-Person Strategic Communications Workshop
Venue: London (details TBD)
Date: 27/28/29 March 2017
Times: Day 1 (2pm – 5pm), Day 2 (9am – 5pm), Day 3 (9am – 2pm)
Goal for the workshop:
To generate ideas for a shared message and coordinated strategy to promote World Malaria Day and guide the following year of communications by the Roll Back Malaria Partnership.
All travel and hotel expenses are to be covered by Partners. The meeting organizers will identify a special rate at a nearby hotel where participants can stay. We will follow up soon with those details.
Those Partners who are unable to cover their own travel costs to attend will be able to apply for travel-supported places.
We will supply a visa letter from RBM for those partners in need of a UK visa.
Draft Meeting Agenda:
afternoon timing TBD (Steering Committee only)
Introductory meeting of the Steering Committee
9am to 5pm (full committee)
Introductions and Goal
Objective: Introduce presenters and participants and clarify goals and output of the discussion.
Research Findings, Challenges and Opportunities
Objective: Understand the current communications landscape; share findings from global malaria message research; identify challenges and opportunities for driving a shared message and engaging audiences.
Audiences and Communications Objectives
Objective: Clarify audiences for Roll Back Malaria Partnership: who they are, what they can do to help achieve the goals, and opportunities and obstacles for engaging them.
Goals and Metrics
Objective: Clarify Roll Back Malaria’s goals and identify meaningful milestones for strategic communications.
9am to 2pm
World Malaria Day
Objective: Align partners around shared narrative and approach for World Malaria Day. Develop narratives, drawing on insights and ideas from research and using a common narrative framework.
2017 Strategies and Milestones
Objective: Identify key moments and milestones for communications in 2017. Discuss approaches to communicating about advancements in science and technology. Share plan for highlighting elimination milestones.
Please register your attendance and requests for travel-assisted places / visa letters by Friday February 24th 2017.